Mark Roemer Oakland believes that cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting are not the same thing. However, the importance lies in the fact that germs are found everywhere and can make you sick, and these methods help keep germs away. Listed below points will make the differences between cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting clear:
- Cleaning- Cleaning is a process to remove dirt, germs, and crumbs from any surface or object. The process is not so effective that it will kill all the germs, but, yes, it kills some of them. Detergent and soap, along with water, are used to clean different surfaces and are one of the most common procedures in every household.
- Disinfecting- Unlike cleaning, disinfecting uses chemicals to clean the surfaces, which more effectively kills germs. Most popular disinfectants contain alcohol, and you need to keep them for a specific time on the surface to kill the germs. However, like cleaning, disinfecting a surface doesn’t necessarily wipe away all the germs.
- Sanitizing- Sanitizing refers to lowering the count of germs, which can be done by cleaning or disinfecting. Whatever the process may be, sanitizing ensures that the germs are lowered to a certain level. The safe limit is decided considering different factors. For instance, a healthy standard is decided on the requirement of places that can be a workplace or school. Also, the procedure is different for the places, and it varies according to your needs. However, you can wash your dishes as a part of the sanitizing process, or you can mop a floor using a disinfectant; all these methods are referred to as sanitizing.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting together- As per the opinion of experts, if you clean and disinfect a surface one after another, there are high chances that it will kill all the germs. It can lower the risk of any infection to a minimum. You can also get products in the market that can help you do the cleaning and disinfecting together.
- Surfaces to clean and disinfectant- Certain surfaces must be cleaned and disinfected regularly. It includes surfaces often touched like remote, doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, etc.
- The procedure of using the products- To be safe, you need to be cautious while using disinfecting products. First of all, you must read all the instructions and warnings given on the container before you start using the product. Refrain from mixing cleaner and disinfectants if you are unsure about the safety when both products are mixed; it can lead to life-threatening injuries.
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, all the three methods mentioned above must be an essential part of your life as they will keep you safe from being sick. Today, when the world has witnessed how a virus can destroy human lives, you need to be aware of these methods to lead a healthy life. It is high time for you to believe in the phrase “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”.